At Cannon Motors Ltd we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide products and services you have requested from us.
Cannon motors Ltd registered address is:
52-70 Belfast Road
The company number is NI060303
Cannon Motors Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under number Z1173925
Under the general data protection regulations which is law from May 2018 this policy is designed to inform you about
What information we collect about you
What we do with the information we gather
What legal basis do we rely on to process your information?
Who we share your information with
How long we will keep your personal information for
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We will collect the following information:
- Contact information including your full address (including post code) telephone number and email address;
- Information about your requirements including vehicle history, finance arrangements in place and other information necessary to provide the products and services you request from us;
- If you require finance in order to purchase your vehicle, we will be required to collect certain information about your financial status to provide this to the finance provider;
- If you purchase products or services from us we will need to take card details to facilitate payments;
- Collect bank details to facilitate a refund;
- Information you provide to us if you have a complaint or raise an enquiry;
- A record of your marketing preferences;
- When you visit our website, we will record certain information about your device and how you interact with our website;and
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and ultimately to provide you with a better service. In particular, we will use the information we hold about you as follows:-
- To respond to your enquiries and to provide you with the services you request from us.
- To enable you to access our website
For internal record keeping.
- To process payments
To provide and improve the customer support we provide
- For market research and analytical purposes and to track sales.
- For complaint resolution.
- To comply with law
If you consent, to contact you for marketing purposes
- To personalise our interactions with you
WHAT LEGAL BASIS DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
Data protection law sets out a number of conditions which organisations can rely on in order to lawfully handle personal information. The conditions we rely on are as follows: –
The law permits us to handle your personal information where necessary in our legitimate interests provided that this isn’t outweighed by your interests. Many of the purposes we handle your personal information, described above, fall into this category as they are essential activities which enable us to run our business efficiently and effectively. For Example, Service and MOT reminders are part of our contractual obligations to you or under our legitimate interest research activity. Research activity we might undertake is covered by our legitimate interest. Any data collected may be used to inform the content of our marketing communications but, as above, we will only communicate where you have given consent to the data being used or where, after an appropriate balancing assessment, it is in our legitimate interest to do so depending on the channels used (i.e. email, SMS, phone, post etc.) in line with prevailing data protection legislation.
We are permitted to use your personal data when you give us your consent for us to do so. We will only use your personal data to contact you for direct marketing purposes if you give us your consent to do so.
Performance of a contract
Where you transact with us to buy vehicles or parts or to book a service or MOT, we will use your personal information so that we can fulfil our part of the contract e.g. to deliver the product to you, to take payment and to manage your order.
Required by law
We will, if required by law, disclose your personal information for example in response to a court order. We will disclose your personal information if requested by a law enforcement agency or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, non-compliance with of our Terms and conditions, or as otherwise permitted or required by law and consistent with legal requirements.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
As part of offering these services we will share your personal information with third party service providers who provide services to us to help us run our business effectively.
We also share your personal information with Hyundai Motor UK for reporting purposes and, where necessary, so that they can provide goods, services and support to you.
Finance providersWhere you want to obtain finance to facilitate your purchase, we will share the information you provide to us with them so that they can consider your application and, where appropriate, offer you credit. See below a list of the finance providers we work with.
- Hyundai Capital UK
- Blackhorse Motor Finance
- Northridge Finance: northridgefinance.com/yourdata/
Police and law enforcement agencies where required by law, we will share your personal information with the police and other law enforcement agencies.
We will always limit the personal information we share to that which is necessary to enable them to perform their services. We will also always ensure that before we share your personal information, we have entered into a contract with the service provider which requires them to keep your information secure and only use it for the purposes we permit them to. We will never sell or share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of marketing without seeking prior consent. This would be separate to the consent provided as part of registration to this site.
HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need it to provide the services and products you request from us. We may also keep it to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve complaints and to enforce our rights. As a result, the length of time that we keep your information for will vary depending on the purposes for which we have it. In any event, we will review what information we need on an ongoing basis and will only retain it for the minimum amount of time that we need it for.
Under current legislation, you have many rights in respect of how we hold and use your data.
You have the:
- Right to know why we collect your data
- To ask for a copy of the information we hold on you
- The right to correct any inaccuracies
- The right to restrict how we process your data or to be forgotten
- To ask us to stop processing your data
- In addition, to know if we use any profiling or automated decision making with your data
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT FOR US TO SEND MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS TO YOU
If you provide us with consent to send future communication through various channels but later change your mind, you can always easily change your preferences by:
- Visiting our showroom
- Calling us on 02893 351816
- Email email@example.com
Please note if you utilise any of these methods to request no further communication from Cannon Motors, we will adhere to your request, but we will still send any contractual, statutory or safety recall notices to you.